For generations, neem has been known to have a wide array of medicinal properties. Experts have used neem leaves, the bark, stems, roots and even the tree’s flowers for curing all kinds of ailments. The best thing about neem is that it’s available throughout the year and is highly valued for its anti- bacterial, antiparasitic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antifungal properties.
Health benefits of Neem
- With the rise in dengue and malaria, it is extremely important to protect ourselves and our families from mosquitoes. Neem oil, mixed with water and soap helps in repelling bugs and insects. The smoke produced by burning neem leaves is quite effective in repelling mosquitoes and house flies.
- Neem oil is a good medicine for preventing and curing asthma. Taking few drops of neem oil every day helps control phlegm and wheezing.
- Regular consumption of neem, in different ways, is found to reduce blood sugar levels and associated symptoms.
- Applying neem paste over psoriasis or eczema-affected area helps with quick healing.
- Consuming neem tea provides relief and soothes stressed nerves. It also improves blood circulation.
- Chewing neem twigs and rubbing the paste on your teeth and gums help with treating oral problems. It improves the colour of teeth, fights bad breath and helps prevents cavities.
- Having tender neem leaves with honey on an empty stomach helps improve circulation and maintains hormonal balance.
- If you have brittle and splintering nails, then neem oil is the best remedy. Massage your nails with neem oil to soften them and prevent infection.
Neem for skin care
The immune stimulating compounds found in neem have anti-ageing properties that rejuvenate the skin and make it radiant. Here are some of the ways neem can be used to help give you better skin:-
- Boiling neem leaves in water till the water turns green and clean your skin twice daily with this toner. It will help reduce pigmentation and acne.
- Apply neem paste with turmeric twice a week for flawless skin.
- Neem paste on your skin helps reduce acne.
- Neem paste with yogurt and lemon juice controls hyperactive sebaceous glands.
- A neem pack also acts as an effective moisturizing agent. Use is regularly with rose water to make your skin supple.
Neem and hair care
- Wash hair with neem water to reduce dandruff and hair fall problems.
- Apply a neem leaf pack on your scalp once every 15 days to reduce scalp dryness and itching.
- A neem oil massage is a great way to relax and improve blood circulation. It also stimulates the hair follicles, resulting in hair growth.
- Massage the scalp with neem oil and leave it overnight to kill hair lice and protect the scalp from further infection.
Powered by Healthcaremagic.com