While processing, the Income Tax Department verifies discrepancies if any, and flaws in the income declared by you, the tax paid by you, and the collective data that is present with them.
Once the processing is complete, the Income Tax department will usually send a notice as per Section 143(1). This notice gives you clarity in terms of the returns filed by you stating if they have been approved or there are discrepancies. In case there are any discrepancies found after the department’s tax calculations, or there is a refund due, the same will be displayed in the email.
Once you have successfully filed your Income Tax Return, and you want to see the status, The Income Tax Department now provides an online service for knowing your Income Tax Refund’s status and steps to be taken thereafter.
Generally, post verification, either of these two messages will be shown to you under ‘status’ of your income tax return – “Successfully Verified” or “Successfully e-Verified.” On completion of processing your Income Tax Return, the status shown would be “ITR Processed.”
For information of Income Tax Refunds, individuals can now view the status of their refunds in ten days post Income Tax refund has been filed on the official e-filing website https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home.
How To Check The Status Of Income Tax Refund With The It Department’s E-Filing Website?
- Go to the official e-filing website https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
- If you have used the e-Filing service earlier, you shall be registered to use it already. Click on ‘Login Here’ and input your User ID and Password. (Note – Your PAN is your User ID)
- If you are new to e-filing, click on ‘Register Yourself’ and fill in all the requisite details. (Note - You can check your status even if you haven’t filed through your e-filing account)
- Once you have logged in, select ‘My Account’ à ‘View e-Filed Returns/Forms’ à Select ‘Income Tax Returns’ from the drop-down.
- You can see the list of all your IT returns in descending order as per the Assessment Year. The status of each will be displayed in the right-most column.
- If the status shows ‘ITR Processed’, then your refund has been credited to the authorised bank account number. (Note – You need to pre-validate your bank account number in the e-filing portal to get the Tax Refunds credited to the account)
- For a detailed view of your filed income, click on the relevant record.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.