So, how do you generate, register, and activate UAN? Follow these steps-
1. UAN GenerationFor generating UAN, you will need your EPF number, which is generally available on your payslip. Once you have your EPF number, follow these steps-
- Visit the official online portal of EPFO at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Look for the “Know Your UAN Status” option in the sidebar and click on it
- On this new page, you will have to pick your state along with EPF office and enter personal details
- After submitting the details, click on “Get Authorisation PIN” button
- If you have been working for a long time, the chances are that you might already have a UAN allotted to your EPF account
- If you don’t know your UAN, you can follow the steps mentioned above to receive UAN on your mobile number
- If you don't have a UAN, after clicking on the "Get Authorization PIN", you will get a PIN in the SMS
- Enter the received PIN before validating or verify your OTP and get your new UAN.
- A new UAN will be generated for your EPF account, and it will be sent via SMS to your mobile number
2. Registering and Activating UANAfter generating UAN, you now need to register and activate it. The steps for the same are as follows-
- Visit the portal of EPFO at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Click on “Activate UAN Based Registration” button in the sidebar
- Enter your UAN, EPF number, and mobile number on this new page before clicking on the “Submit” button
- You will now receive an authorization PIN through SMS
- Enter the PIN and submit it
- You will be redirected to a new page where you can select your password
- Your user ID will be your UAN, and you can create any password of your choice
- Your UAN is now registered and activated
Activating Your UANIrrespective of whether you have been working for a long time or if this is your first job, make sure that you have a UAN so that you can easily access your EPF account online.
Use the steps discussed in this post to generate, register, and activate your UAN and take advantage of this digital offering by the EPFO.
Click here to visit our personalized online advisor that gives you the financial expertise you need.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.