Read on to know more.
- Medical emergencies It could be that you fall sick right before the day you travel or over the course of your trip. In such a situation, a travel insurance policy can be of considerable support – for it can provide coverage against an array of circumstances that warrant immediate medical intervention.
- Changes in trip itinerary/cancellation of flights While it is wise to plan out your itinerary, things might not go according to schedule all the time. Should you have to curtail your trip duration because of a pressing urgency back home, a travel insurance policy can help you through a refund – either complete or partial – of flight cancellation expenses, cost of booking another flight as per the revised schedule and money spent on reserving your stay at the hotel.
- Personal liability cover This refers to the coverage you’d qualify for should you have to incur losses and suffer a drain on finances because of harm caused to a third-party either in the form of bodily injuries or damages to third-party property.
- Loss of passport and other valuables Sometimes, living out of a suitcase can mean a sense of perennial urgency and rush, amid which, you might end up misplacing important documents – your passport or luggage, for instance.
- Emergency evacuation to host city/country Natural calamities are the epitome of unpredictability. Should you be unfortunate to be embroiled in a catastrophe (or a terrorist activity, for that matter) during the course of your trip, you’d find travel insurance to be extremely beneficial – considering it can provide coverage against expenditure that you may incur while arranging for immediate return to your homeland.
This way, the money you’d spend on treatment would be reimbursed to you once the claim goes through and is settled from the insurer’s end. While any surgery or other emergency medical procedures, dental treatments for instance, would usually fall within the ambit of your travel insurance plan, chances are pre-existing diseases won’t.
Moreover, issues can snowball and end up ensnaring you in a legal tangle, coming out of which could be difficult while you’re on the go. In circumstances such as these, having a travel insurance policy will be of great help – considering it can help you get compensation for damages that you might’ve caused to a third-party.
A carefully chosen travel insurance policy can be your go-to ally in such dire circumstances, for it can allow you seek adequate recompense against financial damages sustained. Moreover, certain insurers can help you by arranging for a temporary passport. Call that a cherry on top!
Thus, a travel insurance policy safeguards you against a host of emergencies that you may encounter during your trip.
Click here to know more about travel insurance.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.