Here are the different ways in which you can get in touch with the IT department for lodging a complaint online-
1. From the Income Tax Filing WebsiteOnline complaints about income tax filing in India can be easily registered by visiting the official tax portal at www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. Once on the website, look for the ‘e-Nivaran’ option in the top menu and click on it. It will redirect you to a new page with two options- Submit Grievance and View Grievance Status.
Select 'Submit Grievance' and enter your PAN or TAN number. You will now have a grievance form that you can fill to file your complaint.
2. From CPGRAMS WebsiteCPGRAMS or Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System is also an effective option to file your complaints regarding several government departments, including the IT department. Visit www.pgportal.gov.in and click on “Register New User” in the top menu. It is now mandatory to register on the website for lodging a complaint.
Once registered, you can then log in to your account and click on “Lodge Public Grievance”. You will be redirected to a form where you can select the ‘Ministry/Department. Select IT Department here and fill the grievance form before clicking on ‘Submit’.
Common Reasons for Filing a Complaint with the IT DepartmentYou can file a complaint with the IT department for several reasons. Some of the most common ones are-
- Black money or tax evasion
- Tax refund-related problems
- Grievance against a particular IT department/company/person
- Delay in returns processing
- NRI taxation
- Rectification as per Section 154(1)
- Registered personal details-related queries or problems
- Form 26AS and TDS related complaints
The Easy Way to File Complaints with the IT DepartmentThe online complaint filing service offered by the IT department has been widely appreciated by the taxpayers. It is quick, easy, and the replies are generally received within 2-3 working days.
Click here to visit our personalized online advisor that gives you the financial expertise you need.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.