Stomach problems such as indigestion and acidity are quite common among Indians. To improve your gut health, you can try doing specific asanas of yoga for digestion.
Here Are Some Of The Best Yoga Asanas For Digestion:
This asana affects the abdominal and pelvic region which helps in improving digestion. Do this asana in the following steps:
- Kneel on your knees and keep your arms at your side.
- Lean backwards while lifting your right hand up.
- Now, try to touch your right heel with your right hand.
- Repeat the same with your left hand.
- Hold for as long as you can without straining yourself, and then slowly return to the starting position.
2. Baddha Konasana:
This asana is also known as the butterfly pose. It provides flexibility in the hip and groin while stimulating abdominal organs like ovaries, prostate gland and bladder. Perform this asana with these steps:
- Sit upright with your legs straight in front.
- Bend your knees to join the soles of your feet.
- Hold your feet with your palms and inhale.
- Exhale while putting pressure on your thighs with your elbows and bend forward simultaneously.
- Slowly go back to the starting position.
3. Janu Sirshasana:
This asana helps in strengthening the stomach muscles for better digestion. It also helps in losing belly fat. Follow these steps:
Start by sitting with your legs straight in front of you.
- Bend your right knee enough to put the sole of your right foot on your left inner thigh.
- Stretch your arms up while inhaling.
- While exhaling, bend forward and try to touch your left foot with your arms.
- Now, slowly go back to the starting position.
- With daily practice, try to bend enough to touch your elbows on the floor while touching your foot with your palms.
This asana helps in strengthening the core to improve digestion. It also helps in increasing stamina and balance. Do this asana in the following steps:
- Stand straight while maintaining a 2-feet distance between the soles of your foot.
- Inhale while stretching your arms above your head.
- Exhale while bending forward, enough to touch the floor.
- Now touch your left foot with your right arm while stretching your left arm upwards.
- Repeat the same with your left arm and right foot.
- Come back to the centre and inhale while returning to the starting position but keep your arms up.
- Exhale as you relax your arms.
Practice these amazing yoga poses for digestion to see the improvement in your gut health. Also, try other yoga poses from our previous blogs for immunity, flexibility, weight loss, etc. Check them out now for life-long benefits on these articles on fitness and exercise!