Viral infections cannot be cured with antibiotics. Medication can only treat symptoms like fever and prevent secondary infections. Only the body’s immune system is capable of fighting and destroying a virus. We already know that a balanced diet with all the necessary vitamins and minerals helps to maintain a strong immune system. However, there are also some methods used in traditional medicines that have been found to be highly effective in boosting immunity. Two of these methods are colour therapy and acupressure. Both these methods have been used for millennia in different cultures to treat a variety of ailments.
Colour therapy is also called chromotherapy and involves using colours to treat different ailments. The therapy uses six colours that are associated with six Chakras of the body as well as the colour black. Each colour is effective in treating certain ailments. For example, indigo is used to regulate sleep cycles, while yellow is used for digestive problems.
To use colour therapy to boost immunity, you need to locate three chakra points on the back of either hand. Here’s what you should do:
- Keep your pointer and middle finger together and separate them from your ring and pinkie finger.
- The point on the webbing between the middle and ring finger is the Root Chakra or first point.
- Mark it with a non-toxic black sketch pen.
- Measure halfway between this point and the centre of your wrist to find the Sacral Chakra and second point.
- Finally, the centre point of your wrist is the Solar Plexus Chakra and the third point.
- Each mark should be the size of a regular shirt button.
- Mark the points in the night and keep them for 8-10 hours. Do this for three months for the best effect.
Acupressure follows the principle that energy flows through the body along with a network of meridians. All ailments can be linked back to a block in energy flow at certain points called acupressure points on these meridians. Applying pressure to these points helps to release the block and get the energy flowing again. With an unobstructed energy flow, the body heals.
There are three pressure points on the hand and forearm that can be used to boost immunity, here’s how to find them:
- Make a thumbs up sign. With the index finger of the other hand trace a straight line from the base of the thumb to your wrist. The point on the wrist is the pressure point.
- The second point can be found on the back of the forearm, about two fingers’ width from the wrist and just between the two bones.
- The third point is just above the webbing between the thumb and index finger.
Apply gentle pressure on these points for a few minutes each day to help prevent illness.
Following these traditional medicine practices can help boost your immunity without any harmful side-effects. Stay home, stay safe, and keep your immune system healthy.