Diabetes is a disorder that is generally treated with medication. However, along with that you can take some measures every day to control diabetes naturally. This happens as certain foods and lifestyle changes help your sugar levels to remain stable. Here are the things you can try:
1. Drink copper water: Keep water in a copper vessel overnight to charge the water with copper particles. Copper helps the body absorb nutrients better and its antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties help in reducing the symptoms of diabetes like inflammation, slow healing of tissues and skin problems.
2. Try a low carb diet: Carbohydrates break down by the process of digestion to form sugar. The more carbohydrates you eat, more sugar your body gets. Try cutting down the carbs like rice, potato,bread; and add fats and protein like olive oil, spinach, egg whites, etc. in your diet as they have negligible effect on blood sugar.
3. Exercise to lose weight: Exercising and lowering your weight can increase your insulin sensitivity. This enables your body to use sugar better and hence, keeps the sugar levels in check. If you are a beginner, try exercise like aerobics or yoga.
4. Consume fenugreek seeds: Eating fenugreek or methi seeds is one of the most effective remedies to lower blood sugar. It is a great source of soluble fiber which slows down the absorption of sugar in blood. You can eat 2-5 grams of fenugreek seeds every day to manage your blood sugar levels.
5. Improve your lifestyle: Some other changes in your lifestyle that seem small but have huge effect are sleeping for 8 hours every day, drinking more water and monitoring your blood sugar regularly. Adapt yourself to keep a track of your blood sugar every day to know which foods or habits are affecting it.
Before making any major changes in your diet or lifestyle, do consult your doctor. After consultation, try these natural ways to control blood sugar and note the changes. Stay healthy, stay safe!