We all know that Obesity is a growing problem all over the world. What you eat in private, you will wear in public. Excess Weight can be dangerous. There are many health risks involved with being overweight or obese. The physical health problems can range from contributing to a range of life-threatening illness, including Type 2 diabetes, Sleep apnoea, Hypertension, Stroke, Coronary artery disease, Dyslipidaemia, etc.
When it comes to healthy weight loss, slow and steady wins the race. If you want to lose weight and maintain it, you need to go slow means no crash diets, no starving but healthy nutritious diet plan and with being physically active. When you start slow, you tend to change your lifestyle gradually. You will lose weight slowly, but your weight loss will be healthy and sustainable.
Diet during obesity:
1) Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated.
2) Include more of fruits and vegetables in the diet to meet the fibre, antioxidants, minerals and vitamins requirement. Prefer vegetables raw, steamed, grilled or baked.
3) Include complex carbs in your diet like whole grains, oats, brown rice, etc. And avoid simple carbs like refined flour, white rice, etc.
4) Include small frequent meals in the diet. And don’t skip any meal especially 1st meal of d day breakfast.
5) Include lean protein like lean chicken, fish, sprouts, beans, low-fat dairy product, etc in your diet to meet the protein requirement of the body. Include protein in each meal.
6) Include healthy fats (omega 3 rich source fish, flaxseeds, nuts like almonds and walnuts, olive oil, etc) in your diet as eating healthy fat in some amount is important for the body to absorb fat-soluble vitamins like vitamin A, D, E and K.
7) Eat slowly and try not to perform other tasks while eating like watching t.v, etc.
8) Exercise daily for 45-60 mins. Stay active.
9) Limit salt intake in the diet.
10) Don’t smoke and avoid drinking alcohol and aerated drinks.
11) Don’t stress.
12) Avoid fatty, fried, sugary, processed foods in the diet.
13) Avoid ghee, butter, refined products and saturated fats for weight loss.
14) Avoid heavy dinner; maintain at least 3 to 4 hours of gap between last meal and sleep.
Hence, eating healthy nutritious food with exercise like walking, jogging, etc is the simple and right solution to get rid of excess body weight effortlessly and become slim and healthy forever.
(This article first appeared on Practo and has been authored by Dr. Prabha Acharya, https://www.practo.com/healthfeed/nutrition-for-weight-loss-32613/post)