All three diets- Intermittent Fasting, Vegan and Low-Carb have the same purpose of weight loss
1. Intermittent Fasting:
In this diet, you are required to eat for a certain time period and fast for the rest.
- The most popular ration of eating and fasting is 8:16 where people eat normally for 8 hours and fast for 16 hours.
2. Low-Carb or Keto Diet:
This diet requires you to eat minimal carbs and more fats and proteins.
- When you don’t eat carbs the body uses fats as the source of energy, using up the fat cells. This state is called ketosis.
3. Vegan Diet:
This diet requires you to eat all plant-based products only. A common question that arises here is – are vegetarians and vegans the same thing? The answer is no, they are different.
- To follow this diet effectively, understand how vegan is different from vegetarian. A vegetarian diet eliminates meat whereas a vegan diet eliminates all products sourced from animals like dairy products, honey, and eggs.
Which diet to choose?
You should choose a diet that you can sustain. People often recover the lost weight when the diet is over by regaining the fat when they return to their old eating habits.
- When taking up any diet, learn how to end it properly. Do not jump back into your old habits but maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Before asking yourself – Should I go vegetarian or vegan, ask if you are doing it just for the weight loss. If yes, then it’s better to choose intermittent fasting or Keto diet as you won’t be able to maintain the vegan diet post weight loss.
- Pick a diet with food that will keep you full. If you can survive without meat but not dairy, choose a low-carb diet or intermittent fasting over a vegan diet.
The diet you choose should promote your health overweight loss. If you have any medical conditions, consult your doctor before picking a diet.
To speed up your weight loss without exercise you can check out these creative workout ideas to do at home! Stay healthy, stay safe!
Read about more such articles related to health & well being.