It’s common knowledge that high cholesterol is harmful to the body, but contrary to this popular belief, it is also highly essential for the body’s normal functioning and maintenance. It is known to aid in the synthesis of Vitamin D and a host of hormones.
That being said, anything in excess is harmful, hence the excess of cholesterol can cause cardiac complications. It’s best advised to follow a healthy lifestyle that includes calculated food intake and regular physical activities to keep cholesterol levels in check.
En route to a healthier lifestyle, Yoga is an important landmark you need to consider visiting. It’s an ancient way to shape the body and calm the mind as well. Studies suggest that yoga is beneficial to curb cholesterol naturally without any side effects on your body. The yoga postures we’ve highlighted below can help you keep your cholesterol level under control.
1. Kapalbhati Pranayam: This yoga exercise involves the use of powerful breathing to help balance the dispel toxins an increases the metabolic rate to reduce weight. It also stimulates the abdominal organs and improves digestive tract functioning.
2. Chakrasana: This pose massages the abdominal organs and helps alleviate constipation. It also improves the functioning of the liver and thus, helps get rid of excess fat and cholesterol.
3. Shalabhasana: This asana helps strengthen the back shoulders and arms and stretches the belly while stimulates the abdominal organs to help improve digestion.
4. Sarvangasana: A yoga pose which requires balancing the whole body on the shoulders to help influence the functioning of all parts of your body. This asana is highly beneficial in maintaining the mental and physical health and is also referred as ‘Queen of asanas’.
5. Paschimottanasana: This pose stimulates the liver and kidneys, reduces obesity and gets rid of excess fat from the abdominal region.
6. Ardha Matsyendrasana: Aside from stimulating the liver and helping with indigestion, this pose also massages the abdominal organs and also makes your spine more supple.
A few other things to keep in mind –
Nip Cholesterol in the Bud
Cholesterol is formed in the body because of the food we eat. Junk food, deep fried food and meat products are practically fat warehouses and thus major contributors to the cholesterol banks in the body. Consumption of such cholesterol rich food causes a host of problems including obesity. Ayurveda promotes health and wellness by improving the diet with food that is indulgent as well as wholesome. In conjunction with Yoga, curbing the cholesterol problem will become an easier task if we can start today!
Facing the Situation
It’s important to focus on getting over the problem and have a fixed yoga and health regime. A relaxed state of mind will help you accomplish your goals better.
Yoga Vs Medicines
It is recommended that you do not rely completely on the wonders of yoga. Do not give up any kind of medication without consulting your doctor. Treat yoga as an additional approach to solving your cholesterol issue. Don’t miss out on chalking out a customized yoga routine pertaining to your specific needs and condition.
Article Source – artofliving.com