There are countless number of stock exchanges in the world, and their trading hours vary according to local culture and geographical conditions. Listed below are some of the world’s major stock exchanges and their trading hours.
- New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and NASDAQ Based in North America, the NYSE and NASDAQ are two of the largest stock exchanges in the world. The trading hours for both the exchanges are between 9.30 AM to 4 PM local time (7 PM to 1:30 AM IST). Both these markets also allow after-hours trading between 4 PM to 8 PM local time (1:30 AM to 5:30 AM IST).
- London Stock Exchange (LSE) The LSE is one of the most prestigious and oldest stock exchanges around the globe. The trading hours for LSE are between 8 AM to 4:30 PM local time (1:30 PM to 10 PM IST).
- Shanghai Stock Exchange and Shenzhen Stock Exchange These two stock exchanges are based in China and their trading hours are between 9:30 AM to 3 PM local time (7 AM to 12:30 PM IST). There is a lunch break between 11:30 AM to 1 PM local time (9 AM to 10:30 AM IST) during which the market is closed for trading.
- Tokyo Stock Exchange Managed by the Japan Exchange Group or JPX, it is one of the most popular stock exchanges in the world. The trading hours for this exchange are from 9 AM to 3 PM local time (5:30 AM to 11:30 AM IST). The market closes for 1-hour lunch break between 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM local time (8 AM to 9 AM IST).
- Australian Securities Exchange The trading hours for this exchange are from 10 AM to 4 PM local time (5:30 AM to 11:30 AM IST). There is no lunch break during the market hours.
- National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Most of the trading in the Indian stock market takes place through the NSE and BSE. The normal trading hours for these exchanges are from 9:15 AM to 3:30 PM IST. However, the investors can also purchase stocks at their closing prices by placing orders between 3:40 PM to 4 PM.
Click here to open a free demat and trading account.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.