Hot yoga or Bikrama yoga makes you sweat more. It helps improve the functioning of your circulatory, digestive and lymphatic systems to flush out the toxins from your body. Try these four hot yoga poses for detox.
1. Wide-legged forward bend
This asana pulls your head towards the direction of gravity to make blood circulation in your body better. The pressure on your stomach helps in improving digestion and bowel movements to flush out toxins. Follow these steps-
- Stand with your feet three-four feet apart.
- Inhale, pull up your thigh muscles and pull your stomach in.
- Bend forward while exhaling and bend your back a little in a concave way.
- Take a few breaths in the same pose.
- With practice, try to touch your back with your hands while doing this pose.
2. Revolved triangle pose
This asana is very helpful for relieving body pain and lethargy. This pose involves twisting of muscles which improve blood circulation and helps nutrients get transported better to all parts of the body through blood. Similarly, more toxins can be collected from the body to be flushed out. Follow these steps-
- Put your right foot forward and left at the back while maintaining a three-four feet gap between your legs.
- Inhale and bend your torso forward.
- Place your right hand on your back or lift it up while moving your left hand towards your right foot.
- Exhale and try to touch the floor with your right palm.
- Hold for a minute and reverse.
3. Downward facing dog
This pose helps to stretch your back, limbs, and joints. By doing this pose your body releases more heat which aids in internal detoxification. Follow these steps
- Start by holding your body weight on your hands and knees.
- Spread your fingers wide. Your knees should be directly under your hips and wrists under your shoulders.
- Inhale and keep your back relaxed.
- Exhale while lifting your knees and spine to form a triangular structure with your body.
4. Lord of dance pose
This is one of the most interesting yoga poses for body detox. This asana exercises your entire body making it more active outside and inside. When you practice it daily your internal organs function better and detox your body. Follow these steps
- Stand with your back and limbs straight.
- Slowly bend your torso forward while lifting your right heel up.
- Stretch your left hand out for balance and try to hold your heel up with your right hand.
- Maintain this pose for a minute and reverse.
Do not push yourself too hard while doing Bikrama yoga. The poses are comparatively harder to master and take practice, but the end results will make everything worth it. When starting out, try to hold the asanas as long as you can and gradually increase your time. Stay fit and active at home by doing yoga for body cleanse at home