What is covered under preventive health care cover?Preventive health care services can be categorized into the following three segments:
- For adults
- For women
- For children
Preventive health care services for adults
- Screenings: For abdominal aortic aneurysm, alcohol misuse, blood pressure, cholesterol, colorectal cancer, depression, type-2 diabetes, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, HIV, lung cancer, obesity, syphilis etc.
- Medications: Aspirin for prevention of cardiovascular diseases
- Immunisations: For hepatitis A, hepatitis B, influenza (flu shot), human papillomavirus (HPV) etc.
- Counselling: For alcohol misuse, obesity, diet, sexually transmitted infection (STI) prevention, smoking cessation intervention etc.
Preventive health care services for women
|All women||Pregnant women|
|Breast cancer genetic test counselling||Anemia screening|
|Breast cancer mammography screening||Breast-feeding comprehensive support and counseling|
|From Rs. 5,00,000 - 7,50,000||20%|
|Breast cancer chemoprevention counselling||Gestational diabetes screening|
|Cervical cancer screening||Hepatitis B screening|
|Chlamydia infection screening||Syphilis screening|
|Domestic and interpersonal violence screening and counselling||Urinary tract infection (UTI) screening|
|Gonorrhea screening||Tobacco intervention and counselling|
|HIV screening and counselling||Rhesus factor (Rh) incompatibility screening and follow-up testing|
|Human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA test||Folic acid supplements|
|Osteoporosis screening||Breast-feeding supplies for nursing women|
|Sexually transmitted infection (STI) counselling||Education and counselling on Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved contraceptive methods and sterilization procedures|
|Tobacco use screening|
Preventive health care services for children and adolescents
- Screenings: For autism, blood pressure, cervical dysplasia, depression, development, dyslipidemia, hearing, vision, height, weight, Body Mass Index (BMI), hematocrit/hemoglobin, hemoglobinopathies/sickle cell, hepatitis B, hypothyroidism, lead and arsenic in blood, obesity, phenylketonuria (PKU), oral health, sexually transmitted infection (STI), tuberculin, alcohol and drug use etc.
- Medications: Iron supplements for children aged between 6-12 months at the risk of anemia, gonorrhea preventive medication to protect the eyes of newborns, fluoride chemoprevention supplements for children without fluoride in their water source etc.
- Immunisations: For diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), hepatitis A, hepatitis B, influenza (flu shot), human papillomavirus (HPV) etc.
- Counselling: For obesity, sexually transmitted infection (STI) prevention, smoking and drinking intervention etc.
Hence, while buying a health insurance plan, you must make sure that your insurance provider is offering you as well as your dependants (spouse, children, parents) preventive health care services within your plan’s network of health service providers without any extra charge.
Learn more about different Health Insurance Plans here.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.