- Lower Interest Rates Are Better Usually, consumers opting for home loans are only looking at the interest rates to make their decisions. However, the interest rate is one such factor, with other important determinants being processing fee, loan tenure and LTV (loan-to-value) ratio. For instance, by charging a lower interest rate, the bank may hike their processing fee or even lower the LTV that tends to increase the down payment amount. So, it is always better to evaluate all the parameters before applying for a home loan.
- Always Go for Fixed Interest Rates With fixed interest rates, the bank can levy the same rate, which is usually on the higher side to protect their own financial risk for the whole tenure. This can be suitable if the market interest rates tend to increase, which has not been the case in recent years. Therefore, a floating interest rate would provide you with the benefits of lower interest rates also.
- Myths Regarding Prepayment There are two common misconceptions when it comes to the prepayment policy of banks.
- The first myth is that the prepayment policy is the best. But borrowers tend to ignore the fact that such EMIs are tax-deductible. In addition, excess funds can always be used for investment that can fetch you better returns.
- The second myth is regarding the penalty on prepayment. It is important to note that RBI has barred financial institutions from charging any penalty in case of prepayment of floating-rate loans. Moreover, when the borrower uses his own source of funds to repay the fixed rates loan all at once, many banks do not levy any penalty on that.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.