There are 12 key things that need to be a part of your business loan application which banks look for. Let's go through them in detail -
1. Cover Letter:It is a personal business letter to the bank which summarizes your organization, business type and a personal request to the bank to consider your loan application.
2. Business Plan:A complete business plan needs to be submitted to the bank and it must include the following - company description, market analysis, complete set of projected financial statements, profit and loss statements, cash flow and balance sheet, required funds, Management, and marketing strategies.
3. Personal Credit Report:You must submit your credit report to the bank for them to assess if you are eligible for the loan or not.
4. Business Credit Report:In addition to your personal credit report, you must also submit a business credit report which can play a key role in your application process.
5. Collateral:Banks ask for some form of collateral or security against which they can grant the loan. This collateral can be in the form of home equity, stocks, and bonds, inventory, receivables amongst others.
6. Financial Projections:It is mandatory for you to submit a projected income statement and a cash flow statement for the banks to see how the loan amount will help your business.
7. ITR:Income Tax Returns for the last 3 years are a mandatory ask by the banks in a business loan application.
8. Loan amount:You must disclose the total amount of money you require from the bank and for what purpose.
9. Bank statements:One of the most common requirements in any loan application process, your bank statement will be a testament to whether you have a regular, stable income or not which is a crucial criterion for your loan to get processed.
10. Legal Documents:Some of the documents that you may be asked to submit are your business licenses, registration details of your business, franchise agreements if any, Articles of Incorporation, commercial leases, etc.
11. Management Team:Specifically, for a business loan, showcasing the team which is responsible for running the business is very important.
12. Disclosure of other business debts:In case you have debts from the past you must let the bank know under full disclosure. This may be a key factor in determining your credit-worthiness.
Click here to know more and apply for a business loan
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Income Tax Benefits on Costs of Education under Section 80E
With the proliferation of new career opportunities, getting the right professional skills has become immensely important over the years.
Why Individual Health Insurance is a Must Buy Over Corporate Health Insurance?
It is a known fact that medical inflation is growing at twice the rate of regular inflation. While most salaried employees are entitled to health insurance provided by their employer, investing in individual health insurance, personalised to suit specific health conditions, has its merits.
What Is Trade Price In Stock Market & How Does It Work?
Also known as the market price, trade price of a commodity is the price at which it is currently selling in the market. In the context of trading, the price at which a share is being purchased or sold in the stock market at a given point of time is known as its trade price.
5 Types of Business Loan For Woman Entrepreneurs
There are now many different types of loans options in India for women wanting to explore their entrepreneurial dreams. Read this post to know 5 of the most popular options.