The different kinds of business loans taken in India are as follows.
1. Term LoanThese are long term business loans that are taken for the purpose of purchasing long term assets like land, buildings and machinery. Term loans have a schedule for repayment with payments usually becoming due every month or quarter.
2. Cash Credit FacilityCommonly known as an overdraft, a cash credit facility is a short term borrowing that allows a business to borrow money flexibly from the bank. This facility is ideal to meet the needs of purchasing raw materials or providing credit to customers.
3. Letter of CreditMost commonly used in the import/export business, a letter of credit is a guarantee offered by a bank that the seller will receive payment when certain conditions are met.The bank will make the payment to the seller even if the buyer is not able to pay.
4. Business Loan against propertyThis is a borrowing against a piece of land or built up property. It allows people with assets to get a business loan that can be used for any purpose. A loan against property can be used for the day to day needs of the business, or even for advertising. There is no restriction on how it can be spent.
5. Gold LoanYou can take a business loan against the gold and jewellery sitting idle in your home. You can borrow an amount of Rs. 20 lakhs in India with gold as security.
6. Bank GuaranteeThis is a service provided by banks where they promise to pay off the liabilities of a debtor if the debtor does not meet contractual obligations.
There are different types of bank guarantees that cover different situations.
- Advance Payment Guarantee
- Financial Guarantee
- Bid Bond Guarantee
- Deferred Payment Guarantee
- Foreign Bank Guarantee
- Performance Guarantee
Click here to know more about our business loan products.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.