Here are five valuable tips for buying the best term life insurance plan.
1. Buy from a reputable companyIt can be tempting to opt for a term life insurance plan that is cheap. Some companies offer policies at low prices. However, you should choose a company that has a good reputation, along with a proven track record of settling claims fairly. The premium amount might be more, but at least you can rest assured knowing that your loved ones will get the benefits in case of your unfortunate demise.
2. Select an appropriate tenureChoosing the right tenure is very important. Ideally, the best life insurance plans intend on replacing the income that you were earning. So, it’s wise to choose a tenure that provides your family with the same kind of financial cover after your demise. Generally, you should take protection until the age of 65-70 years. Opting for a cover shorter or longer than that might not be in your best interests.
3. Choose the right cover amountThe financial needs of your family can change as you grow older. Presently, you might opt for a cover that is sufficient to meet the needs of your spouse alone. However, in the future, your children will also need protection. So, choose a cover amount that can sustain the lifestyle needs of your entire family in the event of your death. When deciding the cover amount, do account for inflation too.
4. Add riders to maximize your coverageThe best life insurance plans allow you to add specific riders in addition to the primary death benefit that they provide. You can extend your coverage with additional riders such as a disability cover, critical illness rider, waiver of premium benefit and loss of employment cover, amongst others. By adding such riders, your premium amount may increase slightly, but the significant value that they provide is well worth it.
5. Factor in your financial liabilitiesYou may have financial liabilities like home loans, car loans or other such debts that need to be paid. In the event of your demise, the burden of EMI payments towards these loans will fall on your family. So, ensure that the policy covers your outstanding loans in case of your sudden death.
Make use of these tips to buy one of the best life insurance plans available in the market.
Learn more about our online life insurance plans.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.