1. Bootstrap your businessBootstrapping or self-funding is one of the ways in which you can start your own company. It is a brave yet smart choice for most people who have sufficient savings. First-time entrepreneurs especially often struggle to get funding without showing any plan for success or traction. In these cases, self-funding is the safest option for them as the risk of debt is non-existent and they can always secure more funds from investors or venture capitalists at a later stage when the business shows some promise.
2. Friends and familyAs compared to an investor or a bank, it is easier to convince your friends and family to help you fund your start-up. But you need to be extra careful when you mix business with personal relationships. While your friends and family are the ones to believe in you and support you, you owe it to them to repay the money back once your business takes off. It is a safer, low-risk option to secure funds for your start-up from your folks.
3. Small business loansA lot of banks these days offer small-business loans to help start-ups grow. These loans are given on tenure of up to 5 years at a certain interest rate and are to be paid back in monthly EMIs. Make sure your business is eligible to qualify for a loan before you apply for one.
4. Angel fundingAngel investors have surplus money and are keen on investing in growing businesses and start-ups. They also offer their support in terms of mentorship and can help start-ups grow in the right direction.
5. CrowdfundingIf you have a great business idea, you can seek crowdfunding. One of the newer ways of getting funds for your start-up where you have to share your business idea, details on a crowdfunding platform and mention your goals in terms of the funds you seek. Anyone who likes your idea or believes in it can contribute to your cause and this way you can raise funds for your company.
Click here to know more and apply for a business loan
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Are Savings Enough for Retirement?
Financial discipline and life aspirations determine whether your savings are going to be enough for retirement.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.