As income tax can be a significant portion of your income, it is very natural to think about the benefits of income tax and filing returns for the taxpayers. If you are wondering the same, here are some benefits you should know about-
1. Nation BuildingTaxes is one of the primary sources of income for the government, the money collected in the ex-chequer is used for building infrastructure and other development activities. The government spends the collected money on defence, healthcare, infrastructure, education, and launching various schemes for the masses.
2. Loan ProcessingApart from helping the nation, there are also several personal benefits of income tax filing. For instance, if you want to apply for a loan like a personal loan or home loan, you will be required to submit income proof such as your income tax returns. In most cases, a lender will require you to submit ITR of at least three years.
3. Address ProofAnother important benefit of income tax is that the tax assessment documents work as address proof. There are several documents such as passport, visa application, Aadhar card, license, etc. for which you are required to submit address proofs. Standard proofs like ID cards are generally not valid for such documents. Your income tax documents can be used in such cases.
4. Claim Tax DeductionsOne of the biggest benefits of income tax return is claiming tax deductions. There are several ways in which you can reduce your overall tax liability. If you have made such tax-saving investments but have paid more income tax in the form of TDS, you can claim a refund for the same by filing tax returns.
5. High-Value InvestmentsHigh-value investments such as purchasing a property are reported to the IT department. When you pay taxes and file returns, these transactions can be reported and substantiated as per your income.
As you can see, there are several benefits of income tax return filing and paying income tax. Play your role in nation building and experience all the other benefits listed above by understanding your tax liabilities and paying them on time.
Click here to visit our personalized online advisor that gives you the financial expertise you need.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.