As income tax can be a significant portion of your income, it is very natural to think about the benefits of income tax and filing returns for the taxpayers. If you are wondering the same, here are some benefits you should know about-
1. Nation BuildingTaxes is one of the primary sources of income for the government, the money collected in the ex-chequer is used for building infrastructure and other development activities. The government spends the collected money on defence, healthcare, infrastructure, education, and launching various schemes for the masses.
2. Loan ProcessingApart from helping the nation, there are also several personal benefits of income tax filing. For instance, if you want to apply for a loan like a personal loan or home loan, you will be required to submit income proof such as your income tax returns. In most cases, a lender will require you to submit ITR of at least three years.
3. Address ProofAnother important benefit of income tax is that the tax assessment documents work as address proof. There are several documents such as passport, visa application, Aadhar card, license, etc. for which you are required to submit address proofs. Standard proofs like ID cards are generally not valid for such documents. Your income tax documents can be used in such cases.
4. Claim Tax DeductionsOne of the biggest benefits of income tax return is claiming tax deductions. There are several ways in which you can reduce your overall tax liability. If you have made such tax-saving investments but have paid more income tax in the form of TDS, you can claim a refund for the same by filing tax returns.
5. High-Value InvestmentsHigh-value investments such as purchasing a property are reported to the IT department. When you pay taxes and file returns, these transactions can be reported and substantiated as per your income.
As you can see, there are several benefits of income tax return filing and paying income tax. Play your role in nation building and experience all the other benefits listed above by understanding your tax liabilities and paying them on time.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
How to save on gift tax in India?
You need to pay taxes on gifts which exceed the limits set by the Government. However, gifts of any amount received or given from relatives including parents and spouse are tax-free.
6 Factors for Rising Health Insurance Premiums
While the demand for health insurance policies has certainly increased, there has also been a rise in the premium costs. Read this post to know the top factors that lead to an increase in the premiums of health insurance.
What Is FTSE And Why Does It Matter?
Informally referred to as the ‘footsie’, FTSE is a joint venture between the London Stock Exchange and the Financial Times of London. The acronym stands for Financial Times and Stock Exchange, and the indices of this joint venture comprise UK’s most highly-capitalized companies that are listed on the London Stock Exchange.
5 Types of Business Loan For Woman Entrepreneurs
There are now many different types of loans options in India for women wanting to explore their entrepreneurial dreams. Read this post to know 5 of the most popular options.