Who can file ITR-3?
- Individuals who run an inherited proprietorship business
- Individuals who earn income from house property, his/her profession like doctors, lawyers, etc and other sources
You can file your income tax returns using the ITR-3 form if your total income is derived from:
- Income from a house property – single house or multiple houses
- Income from capital gains – short-term and long-term
- Income from a profession/business that is run as a proprietorship
- Income from the lottery, races, and legal gambling
- Income from overseas assets that belong to you
Structure of the ITR-3 FormITR-3 form has two parts: Part A and Part B.
Part A includes:
- General information about the individual (or HUF) and the type of business
- The balance sheet
- Profit and loss sheet
- Quantitative details (applies when you are eligible for audits under Section 44AB)
- Other information (optional)
While filling the ITR-3 form, make sure to follow the order mentioned below to avoid making mistakes:
Step 1: Fill the general information section in Part A
Step 2: Fill up the schedules
Step 3: Fill the TI section in Part B, followed by the TTI section in Part B
Step 4: Complete the process by filling in the verification section
How to File ITR-3?Taxpayers can file their income tax returns using ITR-3 either online or offline. Once you have successfully submitted the ITR-3, you receive an acknowledgement from the Income Tax officials as ITR-V. You can download the ITR-V from the website of the Income Tax Department.
Key Points to keep in mind while Filling ITR-3
- It’s now compulsory to provide the Aadhaar number while filing income tax returns.
- If your total income exceeds Rs. 50 lakhs in a year, you have to provide a detailed list of your movable assets and addresses of the immovable property you own.
- If you have deposited more than Rs. 2 lakhs in your account during demonetization, you have to mention it in the ITR-3 form.
- You have to disclose unexplained income and other dividend income that exceeds Rs. 10 lakhs.
- Individuals are required to provide the registered number of the CA firm that helps them file tax returns.
Click here to visit our personalized online advisor that gives you the financial expertise you need.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.