There are several lifestyle habits or choices which negatively affect your life expectancy. To state the obvious, lower the life expectancy, higher will be your insurance premium.
Here are five lifestyle habits that affect life insurance premium
1. SmokingSmoking is not only hazardous for your health but your life insurance policy too. As smoking could result in a host of serious medical conditions, insurers consider such applicants riskier than non-smokers. If you do smoke, regularly or rarely, the insurance premiums can be higher.
2. DrinkingEven if you regularly consume alcohol, prepare yourself to shell out more for life insurance. Just like smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol also puts your life at greater risk. Insurers put off this high level of risk by charging a higher premium.
3. Inactive Lifestyle/ObesityInactive lifestyle or obesity can also cause many different types of medical complications. If your sedentary lifestyle has made you overweight, there are chances that you might suffer from a serious health complication in the future. This again will affect your insurance.
4. Driving RecordMany insurance providers also check your driving history. As road accidents are such a common cause of death in India, insurers prefer people with a good driving history. If you have been in road accidents or traffic violations in the past, you will have to pay more.
5. Profession/HobbyThere are many professions such as being a firefighter, underwater welder, miner, etc. that are considered risky by the insurers. If you are involved in one such profession, the insurer will put you in their high-risk bucket.
Even if your profession is safe, but you are into risky hobbies like skydiving, scuba diving, etc., this too is a cause of concern for the insurance provider.
Never Hide Anything from Your InsurerIt is never a good idea to hide anything from your insurance provider even if this can help you save some money. Your policy nominee's claim might be rejected in the future if the insurer has any reasons to believe that you were not entirely honest.
While this might help you save a few bucks now, your family members might have to pay a heavy price for the same in the future.
Learn more about different Online Term Insurance Plans here.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.