PMAY grants interest subsidies on housing loans through the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) to economically challenged sections of the society. To avail the subsidies, applicants need to understand the following details regarding the scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for PMAYThe beneficiaries must fall under the following categories to avail PMAY benefits.
- EWS or Economically Weaker Section -300,000 in a FY.
- LIG or Low-income Group- 300,001-600,000 in a FY.
- MIG or Middle Income Group
- MIG-I6,00,001-12,00,000 in a FY.
- MIG-II 12,00,001-18,00,000 in FY.
- Must not own a pucca house under the name of any family member anywhere in the country
- Must not have received assistance under any other central scheme for housing.
- Any household that includes a married couple and unmarried children can apply for PMAY benefits.
- Any earning adult member of the family who is unmarried is considered as a separate household.
- Female ownership or co-ownership is mandatory for EWS and LIG categories.
PMAY Subsidy DetailsHere is a broad look at the subsidy details
|Interest rate Subsidy||6.5% p.a.||6.5% p.a.||4% p.a.||3% p.a.|
|Maximum Loan Tenure||20 years||20 years||20 years||20 years|
|Maximum Loan Amount that Qualifies for Subsidy||Rs.6 lakhs||Rs.6 lakhs||Rs.9 lakhs||Rs.12 lakhs|
|Maximum Interest Subsidy||Rs.2.67 lakhs||Rs.2.67 lakhs||Rs.2.35 lakhs||Rs.2.30 lakhs|
|NPV Discount of Interest Subsidy||9.00%||9.00%||9.00%||9.00%|
|Max. Unit Carpet Area||30 sq. m||60 sq. m||160 sq. m||200 sq. m|
PMAY Subsidy Application ProcessThe application process involves the following steps:
- Visit http://pmaymis.gov.in/ and enter necessary details, including Aadhaar number and income details.
- Submit the downloaded form to authorised financial institutions along with necessary documents.
- Apply for a housing loan from your preferred financial institution listed under PMAY.
- The financial institution will forward your subsidy application to a Central Nodal Agency (CNA).
- The CNA disburses the subsidy amount to the lending institution upon verification of your application, thereby reducing the loan amount you need to repay.
Easy Accessibility of PMAY SubsidiesThe simplified application process and the comprehensible details on the PMAY website help worthy applicants enjoy the benefits of PMAY. The partnerships of the scheme with Public and Private sector entities also aids in facilitating the distribution of benefits to eligible applicants.
Learn more about your Home Loan Eligibility here.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Tuition fee deduction under Section 80C of Income Tax Act
Educating a child can be an expensive proposition for most parents. As the cost of quality education is on the rise, the potential for saving money seems less likely. However, there are tax benefits that can be availed under the provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Recurring expenses such as tuition fees is one such category that qualifies for tax relief, subject to certain terms and conditions.
6 Things you Should Know Before Buying Insurance Policy for Bike
Buying or renewing an insurance policy for your bike can often be overwhelming. Check out this short guide to know the factors you should consider while choosing the best insurance policy for your bike.
PPF Withdrawl: When & How to Withdraw PPF
PPF (Public Provident Fund) is a savings scheme, which is backed by the government on purpose to build a retirement corpus. As PPF is a long-term investment, it comes with a specified lock-in period. Read on to know about the maturity period and the withdrawal systems.
5 Types of Business Loan For Woman Entrepreneurs
There are now many different types of loans options in India for women wanting to explore their entrepreneurial dreams. Read this post to know 5 of the most popular options.