PMAY grants interest subsidies on housing loans through the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) to economically challenged sections of the society. To avail the subsidies, applicants need to understand the following details regarding the scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for PMAYThe beneficiaries must fall under the following categories to avail PMAY benefits.
- EWS or Economically Weaker Section -300,000 in a FY.
- LIG or Low-income Group- 300,001-600,000 in a FY.
- MIG or Middle Income Group
- MIG-I6,00,001-12,00,000 in a FY.
- MIG-II 12,00,001-18,00,000 in FY.
- Must not own a pucca house under the name of any family member anywhere in the country
- Must not have received assistance under any other central scheme for housing.
- Any household that includes a married couple and unmarried children can apply for PMAY benefits.
- Any earning adult member of the family who is unmarried is considered as a separate household.
- Female ownership or co-ownership is mandatory for EWS and LIG categories.
PMAY Subsidy DetailsHere is a broad look at the subsidy details
|Interest rate Subsidy||6.5% p.a.||6.5% p.a.||4% p.a.||3% p.a.|
|Maximum Loan Tenure||20 years||20 years||20 years||20 years|
|Maximum Loan Amount that Qualifies for Subsidy||Rs.6 lakhs||Rs.6 lakhs||Rs.9 lakhs||Rs.12 lakhs|
|Maximum Interest Subsidy||Rs.2.67 lakhs||Rs.2.67 lakhs||Rs.2.35 lakhs||Rs.2.30 lakhs|
|NPV Discount of Interest Subsidy||9.00%||9.00%||9.00%||9.00%|
|Max. Unit Carpet Area||30 sq. m||60 sq. m||160 sq. m||200 sq. m|
PMAY Subsidy Application ProcessThe application process involves the following steps:
- Visit http://pmaymis.gov.in/ and enter necessary details, including Aadhaar number and income details.
- Submit the downloaded form to authorised financial institutions along with necessary documents.
- Apply for a housing loan from your preferred financial institution listed under PMAY.
- The financial institution will forward your subsidy application to a Central Nodal Agency (CNA).
- The CNA disburses the subsidy amount to the lending institution upon verification of your application, thereby reducing the loan amount you need to repay.
Easy Accessibility of PMAY SubsidiesThe simplified application process and the comprehensible details on the PMAY website help worthy applicants enjoy the benefits of PMAY. The partnerships of the scheme with Public and Private sector entities also aids in facilitating the distribution of benefits to eligible applicants.
Learn more about your Home Loan Eligibility here.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.