- Only persons between the ages of 18 and 50 with a savings bank account can apply for the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Yojana.
- People with multiple accounts across various banks may also take part in the policy, but only in relation to any one account.
- The maturity age of the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Yojana is 55 years, which means that the insurance policy will be terminated once the insured person reaches the age of 55 years.
- Aadhar Card is a required document to apply for this policy.
Salient Features of the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Yojana
The tenure provided for the term life insurance policy is one year from the date of signing. Since the PMJJBY scheme is a term life insurance, the insured person can renew the policy for as many years as they want upto the age of 55 years. In case the applicant chooses to opt out of the policy, he or she can join the policy at any later time by paying the premium and providing a health certificate.
The total death benefit provided is Rs. 2,00,000/-. In case of death of insured, the nominee can claim this amount, which would be tax-free. The claim process is also simple and hassle-free.
The Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana offers a one year term life insurance for an affordable premium of Rs 330 per annum. This is ideal for low income groups and it shall remain same for people of all age groups between 18 and 50 years.
As with all life insurance policies, the premium paid for the PMJJBY policy will be tax deductible under section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
The PMJJBY scheme may be terminated if:
- The insured person crosses the age of 55 years
- If the savings account has insufficient balance to keep the policy
Thus, the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Yojana is an affordable term life insurance plan that can greatly benefit persons within low income groups and families that lie below the poverty line
Find more about Aditya Birla Capital Life Insurance.
Learn more about different Term Insurance Plans here.
* Terms & conditions apply. The information provided in this article is generic in nature and for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for specific advice in your own circumstances.
Will My Health Insurance become Costly upon Relocating to the Countryside after Retirement?
Spending your old age in the country side can be an excellent idea, given you have adequate health cover, the cost of which might rise if you happen to move to a rural area.
4 Benefits of Buying Student Travel Insurance
Student travel insurance is a mandate in the US and Schengen countries. Learn more about why investing in it can help your child succeed while studying away from home.
Financial Instruments Traded in Stock Market
Shares, mutual funds, bonds and derivatives are some of the important financial instruments traded in the stock market.
Why Business Loans Application Are Rejected?
From low credit scores to insufficient collateral, there are plenty of reasons why your business loan application can get rejected.