The need for motor insurance is not only to avoid the legal ramifications but also to provide blanket protection to your vehicle against theft and damage. Before we dive into the factors that necessitate a motor insurance policy for off-road cars, let us briefly look into coverage details of motor insurance.
Motor Insurance Coverage DetailsIn general, your motor insurance would cover only liability. However, if you wish you broaden the scope then it would also cover:
- Own Damage
- Burglary, Housebreaking, Theft
- Lightning, Self-Ignition, Fire, Explosion
- Riots, Strikes
- External Accidental means
- Earthquakes, floods, inundation, storms, hurricanes, cyclones, tempest, hailstorm, frost, rock-slides, landslides
- Acts of Terrorism
- Malicious Acts
- Accidents while in transit
- Theft & Burglary: The notion that only new cars attract thieves is quite fallacious. It does not matter to the thief whether the car is brand-new or an almost-scrap, as long as they are able to sell the car or its parts. Therefore, the car which is off-road for you would still fetch some good money for the thief. Therefore, it is advisable to have a basic protection cover for even old vehicles.
- Physical Damage: There are many instances that your car can get damaged even when it is not on the road. This could be due to several reasons - man-made, such as a fire in the garage or natural cause like the earthquake, floods etc. However, in any of these cases, repairing the damages, without a valid insurance cover, will hit your wallets hard.
- Use by Others: One of the most common instances is when you have rented your car to someone else. In such cases, a basic motor insurance policy would suffice in safeguarding both the car and the person driving it.
Click here to apply for a motor insurance.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.