Types of SabbaticalA sabbatical from work can serve as a plank to achieve a number of objectives. Some of the more common ones have been stated below:
- Family sabbatical This type of a sabbatical can be utilized to spend some quality time with one’s family or honoring familial commitments such as attending to an ailing parent or taking care of a new-born.
- Learn sabbatical After having worked for an extended period of time, you might feel your skill set to be gradually rendered exhausted or outdated, for that matter. In this situation, you might probably want to take up a new professional course in order to find a more solid footing in the face of new challenges.
- Travel sabbatical There could come a time in life when you might not want to subdue the call to travel to shores afar. Travel sabbatical helps you to undertake your most adventurous travel plan without hampering your professional stability.
- Reconnect sabbatical Here, you may opt for a sabbatical just to take a break from your daily grind and reconnect with your inner self. You may choose to meditate, write or seek out a purpose other than your professional calling.
- Passion sabbatical Irrespective of who you are and what you do, you still have an innate dream – one that you’re probably not getting the time to fulfil, owing to demands at work.This kind of a sabbatical gives you that opportunity to chase your dream – be it writing a novel or making a movie - while keeping your professional goals still in sight.
- Green sabbatical Here, you may choose to devote your attention, specifically to an environmentally sensitive project, such as a study on renewable energy or contribute to recycling or water conservation, for that matter.
- Charity sabbatical With a sabbatical such as this, you can undertake a pro-bono project and strive to make a difference in the lives of the underprivileged.
- Research sabbatical This type of sabbatical is normally prevalent in academic institutions wherein a senior employee is given this time to work on his/her thesis, complete important papers or initiate a path breaking research project.
- Sabbatical sanctioned for economic reasons During troubled economic times, some companies offer a sabbatical to their employees – albeit on reduced salaries - so that they can resume their duties when the economy revives.
- Unplanned sabbatical Life is a roller-coaster ride. And the numerous events that make up this ride are mostly unforeseeable. While life is a journey like no other, events such as an accident or a prolonged illness that forces one out of his/her job are real as well.
Learn more about Mutual Funds for a good personal financial management.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Income Tax Benefits on Costs of Education under Section 80E
With the proliferation of new career opportunities, getting the right professional skills has become immensely important over the years.
Why Individual Health Insurance is a Must Buy Over Corporate Health Insurance?
It is a known fact that medical inflation is growing at twice the rate of regular inflation. While most salaried employees are entitled to health insurance provided by their employer, investing in individual health insurance, personalised to suit specific health conditions, has its merits.
What Is Trade Price In Stock Market & How Does It Work?
Also known as the market price, trade price of a commodity is the price at which it is currently selling in the market. In the context of trading, the price at which a share is being purchased or sold in the stock market at a given point of time is known as its trade price.
5 Types of Business Loan For Woman Entrepreneurs
There are now many different types of loans options in India for women wanting to explore their entrepreneurial dreams. Read this post to know 5 of the most popular options.