Types of SabbaticalA sabbatical from work can serve as a plank to achieve a number of objectives. Some of the more common ones have been stated below:
- Family sabbatical This type of a sabbatical can be utilized to spend some quality time with one’s family or honoring familial commitments such as attending to an ailing parent or taking care of a new-born.
- Learn sabbatical After having worked for an extended period of time, you might feel your skill set to be gradually rendered exhausted or outdated, for that matter. In this situation, you might probably want to take up a new professional course in order to find a more solid footing in the face of new challenges.
- Travel sabbatical There could come a time in life when you might not want to subdue the call to travel to shores afar. Travel sabbatical helps you to undertake your most adventurous travel plan without hampering your professional stability.
- Reconnect sabbatical Here, you may opt for a sabbatical just to take a break from your daily grind and reconnect with your inner self. You may choose to meditate, write or seek out a purpose other than your professional calling.
- Passion sabbatical Irrespective of who you are and what you do, you still have an innate dream – one that you’re probably not getting the time to fulfil, owing to demands at work.This kind of a sabbatical gives you that opportunity to chase your dream – be it writing a novel or making a movie - while keeping your professional goals still in sight.
- Green sabbatical Here, you may choose to devote your attention, specifically to an environmentally sensitive project, such as a study on renewable energy or contribute to recycling or water conservation, for that matter.
- Charity sabbatical With a sabbatical such as this, you can undertake a pro-bono project and strive to make a difference in the lives of the underprivileged.
- Research sabbatical This type of sabbatical is normally prevalent in academic institutions wherein a senior employee is given this time to work on his/her thesis, complete important papers or initiate a path breaking research project.
- Sabbatical sanctioned for economic reasons During troubled economic times, some companies offer a sabbatical to their employees – albeit on reduced salaries - so that they can resume their duties when the economy revives.
- Unplanned sabbatical Life is a roller-coaster ride. And the numerous events that make up this ride are mostly unforeseeable. While life is a journey like no other, events such as an accident or a prolonged illness that forces one out of his/her job are real as well.
Learn more about Mutual Funds for a good personal financial management.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.