- Details of the tax collected by different deductors
- Self-assessment tax payments
- Advance tax paid by the taxpayer
- Details of the refund received for the last financial year
- Regular assessment tax deposited by the taxpayers (PAN holders)
- Details of transactions that are high value in terms of shares, mutual fund, etc.
How to View Income Tax Form 26AS?Income Tax Form 26AS is available for view on the TRACES website. Additionally, since your Income Tax Form 26AS is linked to your PAN, it is possible to view the form FY 2008-09 onwards through net banking of your bank. However, this is only possible if your PAN is linked with your bank account. This facility is available for free, and most of the banks provide this facility.
How to Download Income Tax Form 26AS?Income Tax Form 26AS can be downloaded from the TRACES website through net banking facility or via authorized banks. Here is a step-by-step guide to download your Income Tax Form 26AS:
- Step-1: Go to https://incometaxfiling.gov.in and login to your account using login id and password. In case you don’t have an account, register by filling relevant details and then login.
- Step-2: The login requires your PAN, password, and the captcha code.
- Step-3: Once you enter the website, click on ‘My Account’ section and select ‘View Income Tax Form 26AS’ from the drop-down list.
- Step-4: Click on ‘Confirm’ in order to get redirected to the TRACES website.
- Step-5: Once you are on the TRACES website, select the box on the screen and click on ‘Proceed’.
- Step-6: Click the link at the bottom of the page, select ‘View Tax Credit’ (Form 26AS) to view your Income Tax Form 26AS.
- Step-7: Select the assessment year and the format in which you wish to see your Income Tax Form 26AS. Once you make a choice, enter the ‘Verification code’ and click on ‘View/Download’.
- Step-8: To open the document, the password is your DOB in DD/MM/YYYY format.
Click here to visit our personalized online advisor that gives you the financial expertise you need.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.