- Ease of investment The underlying beauty of SIP is the ease of investment. You can start a SIP in your chosen fund from as little as Rs. 500 per month. All you need to do is to be KYC-compliant, visit the website of the fund house and start investing. Today, several apps and platforms help you to kick-start the SIP process.
- Build capital As a businessperson, your goal should not only be to address current needs but also build capital for future needs such as expansion, buying machinery, implementing technology, etc. While tailor-made business loans are available, it’s prudent to have capital reserve to reduce dependence on such loans which attract a hefty interest rate.
- Address increasing operational costs Running a business entails several operational costs which increase over a period of time. By starting a SIP for your business, you can slowly build a reservoir of funds to address these expenses. For instance, if you choose to start a SIP in an equity fund, instead of directly investing in stocks, there are greater chances of achieving success both in terms of wealth accumulation and gaining from the high-return potential of equities.
- Investment flexibility Projecting cash flows in business is difficult. While some months may be extremely profitable, others might be lean. However, SIPs give you the flexibility to adjust the amount as per your cash flows. In case your business has performed well over a period, you can top-up the SIP amount by a certain percentage.
- Diversification SIPs diversify your investments across asset classes, which mitigates risk to a great extent. More importantly, SIPs help you remain invested across market cycles, essential to make gains in the long-term.
Also, you can also invest through an intermediary in the fund of your choice. Note that in case you invest via an intermediary, a certain portion of the returns needs to paid as commission.
Even a modest SIP of Rs. 10,000 per month in an equity fund offering annualised returns of 10% for a period of 5 years will help you generate a corpus upwards of Rs. 82 lakhs. This money can come handy in the future for diverse needs.
Once you do so, the high costs will not force you to stretch your finances or pose problems related to management of working capital. You have a financial backing which ensures smooth functioning of business operations.
On the other hand, if your business is going through a lean patch, you can decrease the amount accordingly and increase it, when the tides turn in your favour.
Now that you know the benefits of SIPs for your small business, it’s time to start one right away!
Explore Various Mutual Funds here.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Tuition fee deduction under Section 80C of Income Tax Act
Educating a child can be an expensive proposition for most parents. As the cost of quality education is on the rise, the potential for saving money seems less likely. However, there are tax benefits that can be availed under the provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Recurring expenses such as tuition fees is one such category that qualifies for tax relief, subject to certain terms and conditions.
6 Things you Should Know Before Buying Insurance Policy for Bike
Buying or renewing an insurance policy for your bike can often be overwhelming. Check out this short guide to know the factors you should consider while choosing the best insurance policy for your bike.
PPF Withdrawl: When & How to Withdraw PPF
PPF (Public Provident Fund) is a savings scheme, which is backed by the government on purpose to build a retirement corpus. As PPF is a long-term investment, it comes with a specified lock-in period. Read on to know about the maturity period and the withdrawal systems.
5 Types of Business Loan For Woman Entrepreneurs
There are now many different types of loans options in India for women wanting to explore their entrepreneurial dreams. Read this post to know 5 of the most popular options.