If you’re a frequent traveller, travel insurance is meant for you. Living out of a bag, exploring the world can be an amazing experience when common irritants like mishandled or lost baggage, flight delays and health problems are taken care of.
If you only have a limited amount of money to spend on your vacation, travel insurance is worth every paisa you spend on it, considering the potential losses you face in case of loss of wallet, passport or credit card.
Whether you’re planning a vacation with family or friends, business trip or studying abroad, it is a wise decision to buy travel insurance to take care of the risks that may arise. It protects you and your loved ones from any unforeseen circumstances that may occur in your journey.
Here are 5 reasons why you should buy travel insurance:
- Coverage for health ailments Factors such as weather conditions, air and food quality cannot be predicted when you travel. The region you are travelling to may be prone to health epidemics due to poor sanitation and other causes. Depending on the time of year, frost bites and heat strokes may be common. Healthcare expenses are high in metro cities in India and even higher abroad. Travel Insurance can pay for any expenses on account of major and minor health problems, which you may face during your trip.
- Immediate assistance In the event of a natural disaster or terror attacks, you may be left stranded. Your travel insurance provider can help you reach emergency services. Similarly, in case you need immigration-related or emergency cash assistance, a travel insurance policy certainly helps. Also, depending on the plan, your insurer can help you arrange to block and reissue multiple credit cards, in case of loss of wallet in such situations.
- Coverage for lost baggage Mishandled or lost baggage affects travellers globally, despite the implementation of RFID tracking technology. If you’re a senior citizen or have special needs such as physical disability, you may lose access to your medication. For business travellers, the loss of baggage may impede business presentations which may adversely impact relationships with customers and vendors. Travel insurance provides coverage for loss of baggage and ensures that any financial impact is minimized.
- Personal liability coverage Also, during a business trip or a vacation, if you are involved in an accident which causes personal injury or damage to property belonging to a third party, your travel insurance policy can help you cover the costs.
While most travel insurance policies integrate it as part of their plan, you can opt for it as an add-on in case it isn’t.
- Coverage against loss of crucial documents This comes handy when you are on foreign soil. For instance, if you happen to lose your passport abroad, it can not only extend your trip but also lead to various legal nitty-gritty. A travel insurance policy provides the much-needed support in such a situation. It reimburses the cost of getting a duplicate passport and also bears the legal expenses
It’s advisable to check various travel insurance plans online, read reviews and talk to experts before purchasing one.
Click here to know more about travel insurance.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Tuition fee deduction under Section 80C of Income Tax Act
Educating a child can be an expensive proposition for most parents. As the cost of quality education is on the rise, the potential for saving money seems less likely. However, there are tax benefits that can be availed under the provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Recurring expenses such as tuition fees is one such category that qualifies for tax relief, subject to certain terms and conditions.
6 Things you Should Know Before Buying Insurance Policy for Bike
Buying or renewing an insurance policy for your bike can often be overwhelming. Check out this short guide to know the factors you should consider while choosing the best insurance policy for your bike.
PPF Withdrawl: When & How to Withdraw PPF
PPF (Public Provident Fund) is a savings scheme, which is backed by the government on purpose to build a retirement corpus. As PPF is a long-term investment, it comes with a specified lock-in period. Read on to know about the maturity period and the withdrawal systems.
5 Types of Business Loan For Woman Entrepreneurs
There are now many different types of loans options in India for women wanting to explore their entrepreneurial dreams. Read this post to know 5 of the most popular options.