A travel insurance plan makes your overseas trips hassle-free. It offers you financial security when things go wrong. Cancelled flights, delays, lost baggage, medical emergencies – a travel insurance plan is your safety net from various travel mishaps.
Applying for a travel insurance plan is quite easy. All you must do is – choose your preferred insurance provider, fill the details of your trips, and get your policy mailed to you.
But what if you are an avid globetrotter? Or a businessman who takes multiple trips overseas? Wouldn’t it be easier if you could avoid purchasing a travel policy before every single trip you take? This is where annual travel plans come into the picture.
What is it?Also known as multi-trip travel insurance, it gives you global coverage for one year, starting from the date of purchase of the plan. Primarily, the policy offers – travel coverage all year-long for any number of trips you take to any destination.
The best part – it saves you time and money, as you have to purchase the plan only once a year. Some annual travel insurance plans are also renewable. So, if it works for you, you can keep on renewing the plan year after year, with the same coverage.
Who is it for?It’s most suited for:
- Frequent travellers
- Travel bloggers and vloggers
- Travel influencers
- Retirees who visit their children settled overseas
Reasons to opt for Multi-trip Travel Insurance
- Save time – You don’t have to go through the hassles of purchasing travel insurance each time you travel.
- Save money – The cost of purchasing single travel insurance plans before every trip can quickly add up. Generally, the prices break even when you take three in a year.
- Go on Last-Minute Trips – If you're someone who goes on last-minute trips for work or vacation, you can travel securely without any hesitation. It protects you from all travel-related uncertainties.
What’s covered?Multi-trip travel insurance offers all the regular benefits like coverage for medical emergencies, travel delays, lost baggage, lost passport, personal accident/liabilities, trip cancellation, and more. The actual coverage varies based on the chosen policy, so make sure to refer to your policy document for further details.
Who is it not for?
- If you’re the occasional traveller, who goes on rare overseas vacations, then you wouldn’t get the maximum benefits from this plan.
- Most annual travel plans have a per-trip length limit – which varies from 30 – 60 days. So, if you are someone who goes on lengthy trips overseas, then it doesn’t work.
Click here to know more about travel insurance.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.