However, taking a personal loan has a direct impact on your credit score.
How is credit score calculated?One of the key criteria involved in arriving at a credit score involves how you repay your debts on time. It is not calculated based on what you owe, but on how you pay it all back. So how is your credit score calculated? It is created by using information from your credit reports which involve your credit history, repayment record, the total amount of money you owe, length of your credit history, credit mix and your latest credit enquiries. While your payment history and the total sum of money you owe account for 65% of your credit score, the other three factors make up for the remaining 35%.
How can a personal loan affect your credit score?Now that you are familiarised with how the credit score is calculated, let’s have a look at how it can be impacted by taking out a personal loan. Using credit responsibly can have a good impact on your credit score. Your payment history is probably one of the most important factors in determining whether the loan will have a positive or a negative impact on your score. Timely payments and not defaulting on them will build up a positive payment record which in turn will have a good impact on your credit score.
Furthermore, a personal loan can help you in building the length of your credit history and contribute to your credit mix as well. In short, a personal loan can help you improve 90% of the factors that are involved in a credit score.
A personal loan should be taken in case of emergencies or to meet any unforeseen expenses and not to spend beyond your means. Use your credit responsibly and maintain a healthy credit score.
Learn more about your Personal Loan Eligibility here.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Tuition fee deduction under Section 80C of Income Tax Act
Educating a child can be an expensive proposition for most parents. As the cost of quality education is on the rise, the potential for saving money seems less likely. However, there are tax benefits that can be availed under the provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Recurring expenses such as tuition fees is one such category that qualifies for tax relief, subject to certain terms and conditions.
6 Things you Should Know Before Buying Insurance Policy for Bike
Buying or renewing an insurance policy for your bike can often be overwhelming. Check out this short guide to know the factors you should consider while choosing the best insurance policy for your bike.
PPF Withdrawl: When & How to Withdraw PPF
PPF (Public Provident Fund) is a savings scheme, which is backed by the government on purpose to build a retirement corpus. As PPF is a long-term investment, it comes with a specified lock-in period. Read on to know about the maturity period and the withdrawal systems.
5 Types of Business Loan For Woman Entrepreneurs
There are now many different types of loans options in India for women wanting to explore their entrepreneurial dreams. Read this post to know 5 of the most popular options.