Checking your PPF balance onlineThis is a simple yet one of the most effective options as you can check your balance 24x7. However, to avail this facility, you need to have a PPF account with the bank. Below mentioned are a few essential pointers to avail the option of checking PPF balance online.
- To access your balance online it is mandatory to link the PPF account with the existing bank account (savings/current).
- You should also have access to online/mobile banking to check the PPF balance. If you do not have access to online banking, you can register for the process and request the bank for username and password.
- Once you have the credentials for online/mobile banking, you can easily log in and view the details of your PPF account.
- There are additional services that you can avail – transferring funds to PPF account, setting standard instructions for the bank to transfer funds so that the payments are not missed, download PPF account statement, submit PPF loan application, etc.
Checking your PPF balance offlineIn case you have not received your login credentials or you do not have access to online/mobile banking you can still check your balance by updating your passbook. Here are the key ways to check your balance offline.
- On opening a PPF account with the bank, you receive a passbook. This passbook contains all the details of your PPF account like your PPF account number, details of the bank, credit/debit transfers of your bank account.
- You will need to update your passbook periodically to keep your account information updated.
- An updated passbook will show all the current details of the transactions made in your PPF account. However, to keep your passbook updated, you will have to visit the banks during the working hours.
Checking your post-office PPF balance accountIf you have opened a PPF account in the post-office, you can check your PPF account balance offline.
- The details of the PPF account are available in the passbook given during the account opening.
- This passbook needs to be periodically updated in the post-office to track the PPF balance and the transactions.
Transfer your PPF accountYou can easily transfer your existing PPF account from post- office or any other bank to the bank of your choice where your existing PPF account will be continued.
Learn more about your Pension Plans here.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.