1. CIBIL score benefits only financial institutionsYour CIBIL score gives you a better understanding of the factors that determine your creditworthiness. It helps you to take steps to boost your score and secure a sizeable personal loan.
2. Your income influences your credit scoreYour CIBIL score depends on how many credit accounts you have and how well you are managing them, and not on your income. However, your monthly income affects the amount and interest of your personal loan.
3. Not using a credit card ensures approval of your personal loanDifferent types of secured and unsecured credits registered on your name impact your credit score. In the absence of an unsecured revolving debt line like a credit card, your portfolio might lack a healthy credit mix and lower your credit score.
4. A low CIBIL score will forever destroy your chances of availing a personal loanIf you regularly repay your outstanding debts on time, your CIBIL score will improve, increasing your chances of availing a personal loan.
5. A rejected personal loan will not affect your credit scoreWhenever you apply for a personal loan, the lender inquires about your credit history. It lowers your CIBIL score even if the application is rejected.
6. You can make multiple loan applications without hampering your CIBIL scoreMultiple loan applications make you appear as credit hungry, reducing your credit score.
7. Your CIBIL score is the only deciding factor in your personal loan approvalApart from checking your CIBIL score for personal loan approval, lenders consider your income, your job profile, and other factors and can sanction a personal loan, although at a higher interest rate.
8. A personal loan always diminishes your CIBIL scoreIf you use your personal loan to consolidate higher interest rate debts, it can increase your CIBIL score.
9. Foreclosing your personal loan will damage your CIBIL scoreForeclosing a credit line is viewed as responsible credit behaviour and improves your credit score.
Click here to check your Personal Loan eligibility.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.