Insurance policies are not only for tax saving. With the cost of medical expenses reaching the skies, it is inevitable not to have a medical policy. Most employers offer insurance plan, but it renders useless once you change your job. Therefore, it is always advisable to have a separate policy for unforeseen events.
Choosing a medical insurance plan can be complicated. However, knowing what the plan should definitely include can make your job easier.
Here is a list of things to look for in a medical insurance policy.
- Individual or Family Floater Plan: The first step involves choosing the type of plan you want to take up. In most cases, family floater plans are favourable and beneficial. They cover your family members (spouse, children, parents, and in-laws) and you, are comparatively cheaper than individual plans. Also, these plans are great value for money, as the chance of every member falling sick at the same time is very less.
- Choosing the Coverage Amount: Medical expenses are inflating a very higher rate, and health insurance are supposed to help you meet your expenses, whatever may be the concern. When choosing a health policy, always look out for a plan that offers maximum coverage and amount for your health claims.
- Co-payment Clause: Every policy has a clause called the co-payment clause. This means that for every claim made, you will have to bear a certain percentage of the claim amount. For instance, if your co-payment clause mentions 10%, for a claim of Rs.50, 000, you will have to pay Rs.5,000 from your own pockets. It is essential that you understand and agree with this clause before you take the policy.
- Hospital Network:
If any of the family members are aged above 50, you can buy an individual cover for them, which will help cover all health-related claims for that particular senior.
- Check the list of hospitals included in your policy, do this while keeping your health requirements in mind and see if the particular hospitals facilitate your needs.
- Almost all policies cover Pre/post hospitalization expenses. This includes costs incurred while hospitalized, and fees followed after the discharge, relating to the ailment only.
- To be able to make a claim, hospitalization for at least 24 hours is necessary.
- If you’re married and plan on starting a family, you would also want your plan to cover maternity benefits. Check for the waiting period, sub-limits, and any exclusions that might be included in your maternity cover.
Learn more about Health Insurance Plans here.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Income Tax Benefits on Costs of Education under Section 80E
With the proliferation of new career opportunities, getting the right professional skills has become immensely important over the years.
Why Individual Health Insurance is a Must Buy Over Corporate Health Insurance?
It is a known fact that medical inflation is growing at twice the rate of regular inflation. While most salaried employees are entitled to health insurance provided by their employer, investing in individual health insurance, personalised to suit specific health conditions, has its merits.
What Is Trade Price In Stock Market & How Does It Work?
Also known as the market price, trade price of a commodity is the price at which it is currently selling in the market. In the context of trading, the price at which a share is being purchased or sold in the stock market at a given point of time is known as its trade price.
5 Types of Business Loan For Woman Entrepreneurs
There are now many different types of loans options in India for women wanting to explore their entrepreneurial dreams. Read this post to know 5 of the most popular options.