Interestingly, travellers are becoming wary of credit card fraud, medical emergencies and incidents involving physical harm, while travelling both domestically and internationally. Buying travel insurance can help you hedge against these risks and ensure a more relaxed and enjoyable trip. Here’s why travel insurance is a good bet for the traveller of today.
- Aid during a medical emergency When you travel to a new place, there are chances of you getting ill. The average cost of a hospital stay in metros of India can run into several lakhs of rupees. If you’re an international traveller, the added costs of post-hospitalization recovery and medication can be expensive.
- Expenses for compassionate visit If you face a medical emergency while abroad or even otherwise, your family will want to be by your side. Whether you’re a student or business traveller, unfortunate accidents may occur at any time. With travel insurance, the cost of travel for immediate family members is borne by the insurer.
- Accidental death or injury It’s a fact that physical injuries during travel are fairly common. Accidents such as air crashes and car collisions may cause death or disability.
- Bail bond If you’re implicated in a law and order situation especially while travelling abroad, you would have recourse to legal help. Travel insurance can also help you cover the costs of bail.
- Sponsor protection If you’re attending university or a seminar on foreign shores, chances are that it is sponsored by family. This also applies to scholarships and international exchange programs. As the name suggests, a sponsor is someone who takes responsibility for your travel and related expenses.
However, with travel insurance, your hospital bills can be covered by the insurance company, insulating you from the financial impact of expensive medical care.
Travel insurance cushions you from the financial implications arising out of such mishaps. In the event of death, the beneficiary named by the insured receives the sum assured as mentioned in the policy.
For example, in the past students who had applied to a fraudulent US university faced arrest and deportation by the authorities. Many did not have enough resources to post bail or seek legal assistance. With travel insurance, the situation would have been different.
On account of the sponsor’s death or withdrawal of scholarship, your insurance company can provide compensation to deal with the matter.
Thus, travel insurance is an absolute must during any trip as it provides coverage for a range of things apart from covering just the losses for lost luggage.
Click here to know more about travel insurance.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Income Tax Benefits on Costs of Education under Section 80E
With the proliferation of new career opportunities, getting the right professional skills has become immensely important over the years.
Why Individual Health Insurance is a Must Buy Over Corporate Health Insurance?
It is a known fact that medical inflation is growing at twice the rate of regular inflation. While most salaried employees are entitled to health insurance provided by their employer, investing in individual health insurance, personalised to suit specific health conditions, has its merits.
What Is Trade Price In Stock Market & How Does It Work?
Also known as the market price, trade price of a commodity is the price at which it is currently selling in the market. In the context of trading, the price at which a share is being purchased or sold in the stock market at a given point of time is known as its trade price.
5 Types of Business Loan For Woman Entrepreneurs
There are now many different types of loans options in India for women wanting to explore their entrepreneurial dreams. Read this post to know 5 of the most popular options.