What Is The ITR 4?Income tax return form ITR 4 is for the section of taxpayers, who have chosen presumptive income scheme under Section 44AD, Section 44ADA and Section 44AE of the Indian Income Tax Act 1961. However, if the turnover of the business for taxpayers in the above category is more than Rs 2 crores, they need to file their Income Tax Return with ITR 3 form.
Who Is Eligible To File ITR-4 Form?ITR-4 form can be filed by HUF/partnership firms/individuals whose total income includes income from below mentioned sources for a single financial year:
- Income from the business under Section 44AD or 44AE
- Amount received as salary/pension up to Rs 50 Lakh
- Income from the profession as per Section 44ADA
- Payment received from a single house property up to Rs 50 Lakh (This does not include carried forward loss from the previous year)
- Income from other sources up to Rs 50 Lakh (This does not include income from horse races or winning amount from the lottery)
Who Is Not Required To File ITR 4 Form?There are exemptions to who can use this form. Let’s find out the criteria:
- Above mentioned section of Taxpayers with above income sources are eligible to file ITR 4 only up to Rs 50 lakh. They are not required to file ITR 4 form if the income exceeds Rs 50 Lakhs.
- As an individual, if you are the director of the company and have invested in equity shares of an unlisted company, then you are not eligible to use this form.
How To File Using ITR 4 Form?There are 2 ways to file an income tax return using ITR 4 form: offline and online
Offline process is as follows
There are certain limitations to filling an offline return form. Here are they:
- The offline form can only be filled if the taxpayer is 80 years of age or more
- Individuals with income less than that of Rs 5 lakh in a year
- Individuals who do not have to claim a refund from the Income Tax department
The online process is as follows
- Visit the e-filing website www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Fill the form electronically using a digital signature
- Transfer the data electronically then download and print the ITR IV form for verification purposes
- Sign the verification form and post it to the Income Tax Department’s CPC office in Bangalore within 120 days of e-filing
Click here to visit our personalized online advisor that gives you the financial expertise you need.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.