When can you opt for a Personal Loan?Because Personal Loans are essentially multi-purpose loans, there is no fixed time to apply for it. Rather, you can choose to go for a Personal Loan whenever you feel the need. That’s why it is one of the most commonly opted for methods of financing.
Based on our research, below are some common reasons to apply for a Personal Loan:
- Holiday/ Vacation financing
- To Finance Festive Celebrations or Needs
- Finance Weddings
- Build/ Renovate house
- Medical Emergency
- Refinancing The Home Loan
- To Fix A Car
- Financing Education
- Business Expansion
- Debt Consolidation
Benefits of Personal Loans
- No security or collateral Being an unsecured loan, there is no collateral of any asset required. It is offered on the basis of your credit history and repayment capacity.
- Less documentation Contrary to popular sentiment, personal loans are approved with minimum documentation.
- Quick loan disbursement These days it takes few hours for loan disbursement. If banks feels that you have the capacity to re-pay the loan within the stipulated time and need loan for genuine reason then getting a personal loan disbursement is easy.
- Fixed rate of interest Rate of interest on personal loan is fixed at the start of the tenure and remains constant throughout therefore making it easier for loan applicants to plan their EMIs well in advance.
- Flexible loan tenure Personal loans offer loan tenure ranging from between 1 year to 5 years. So you have flexibility to choose your tenure as per your re-payment plan.
Expert Tip: Best is to opt for a lower tenure loan and save on the interest outlays.
- Easy EMI facility Personal loans offer easy EMI facilities that help you re-pay the principal amount over the tenure.
- It is a multipurpose loan Unlike home loan or car loan, personal loans can be availed to meet almost all aspirations.
Eligibility criteria for Personal LoansSome of the driving forces that define your eligibility to apply for a personal loan are:
- You are a salaried doctor, or a CA, or an employee of any private limited company or a Public-Sector undertaking (including Central, State and Local bodies).
- You are within the age range of 21 to 60 years.
- You have held a job for at least 2 years, with a minimum of 1 year with the current employer.
- Your salary is Rs. 15,000 per month or more (Rs. 20,000 or more if you are in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Kolkata, Ahmedabad or Cochin).
Click here to apply for Personal Loan
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.