When can you opt for a Personal Loan?
Because Personal Loans are essentially multi-purpose loans, there is no fixed time to apply for it. Rather, you can choose to go for a Personal Loan whenever you feel the need. That’s why it is one of the most commonly opted for methods of financing.
Based on our research, below are some common reasons to apply for a Personal Loan:
- Holiday/ Vacation financing
- To Finance Festive Celebrations or Needs
- Finance Weddings
- Build/ Renovate house
- Medical Emergency
- Refinancing The Home Loan
- To Fix A Car
- Financing Education
- Business Expansion
- Debt Consolidation
Benefits of Personal Loans
- No security or collateral
Being an unsecured loan, there is no collateral of any asset required. It is offered on the basis of your credit history and repayment capacity.
- Less documentation
Contrary to popular sentiment, personal loans are approved with minimum documentation.
- Quick loan disbursement
These days it takes few hours for loan disbursement. If banks feels that you have the capacity to re-pay the loan within the stipulated time and need loan for genuine reason then getting a personal loan disbursement is easy.
- Fixed rate of interest
Rate of interest on personal loan is fixed at the start of the tenure and remains constant throughout therefore making it easier for loan applicants to plan their EMIs well in advance.
- Flexible loan tenure
Personal loans offer loan tenure ranging from between 1 year to 5 years. So you have flexibility to choose your tenure as per your re-payment plan.
Expert Tip: Best is to opt for a lower tenure loan and save on the interest outlays.
- Easy EMI facility
Personal loans offer easy EMI facilities that help you re-pay the principal amount over the tenure.
- It is a multipurpose loan
Unlike home loan or car loan, personal loans can be availed to meet almost all aspirations.
Eligibility criteria for Personal Loans
Some of the driving forces that define your eligibility to apply for a personal loan are:
- You are a salaried doctor, or a CA, or an employee of any private limited company or a Public-Sector undertaking (including Central, State and Local bodies).
- You are within the age range of 21 to 60 years.
- You have held a job for at least 2 years, with a minimum of 1 year with the current employer.
- Your salary is Rs. 15,000 per month or more (Rs. 20,000 or more if you are in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Kolkata, Ahmedabad or Cochin).
* Terms & conditions apply. The information provided in this article is generic in nature and for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for specific advice in your own circumstances
Will My Health Insurance become Costly upon Relocating to the Countryside after Retirement?
Spending your old age in the country side can be an excellent idea, given you have adequate health cover, the cost of which might rise if you happen to move to a rural area.
4 Benefits of Buying Student Travel Insurance
Student travel insurance is a mandate in the US and Schengen countries. Learn more about why investing in it can help your child succeed while studying away from home.
Financial Instruments Traded in Stock Market
Shares, mutual funds, bonds and derivatives are some of the important financial instruments traded in the stock market.
Why Business Loans Application Are Rejected?
From low credit scores to insufficient collateral, there are plenty of reasons why your business loan application can get rejected.