1. To Replace a Primary IncomeNothing can be worse than losing a family member, especially the breadwinner. The financial issues that follow can further add to the loss. If an unexpected tragedy strikes your family, the compensation from the life insurance policy can help meet your financial requirements.
2. To Cover Children’s ExpensesLife insurance policies don’t just provide life cover, but also additional benefits at crucial stages of life like paying for a child’s higher education fees, planning the dream wedding of your daughter and so on. For instance, if your child has taken an education loan, you can use the benefits from your life insurance policy to wipe off the outstanding debts, helping your children lead a financially-independent life, free from the burdens of education loans.
3. To Build WealthWhen evaluating investment products for building personal wealth, a life insurance policy is not the first product that comes to mind. However, life insurance policies like ULIPs (Unit linked investment plans) not just offer life coverage, but also double as investment instruments, helping you build your corpus while you are alive.
4. For RetirementRetirement plans continue to provide you with a monthly income post-retirement, helping you enjoy the golden years of life, without worrying about finances.
5. For Protection against Critical IllnessesCertain life insurance policies provide you with compensation if the insured person undergoes medical treatment for critical illnesses. Furthermore, the future premiums are also waived.
6. For Tax BenefitsAccording to Section 80C of the ITA, you can enjoy tax deductions up to 1,50,000 INR on the premiums you pay for your life insurance policy. Additionally, the maturity benefits you receive from the policy are also tax exempted.
8. To Pay Off DebtsYou can protect your loans like home loans with a life insurance policy. In such cases, it helps you to ease the burden on your family members if something were to happen to you unexpectedly before loan completion. The policy amount takes care of loan repayment, freeing your spouse and children from your loan obligations.
Buying life insurance is one of the most crucial financial decisions of life. Plan well and choose the right policy that works for you and your family.
Learn more about different Online Term Insurance Plans here.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.