- Obtaining your credit report: This is the starting point, and the process has simplified ever since RBI made it mandatory for credit bureaus to provide their customers with a free credit report each year. Any credit score above 750 is considered good, and is an indication of how consistent an individual has been with paying off previous loans.
- Meeting eligibility Criteria: Every bank has a rule book for eligibility criteria which needs to be fulfilled before the loan is approved. This includes:
- Age: Any potential borrower is eligible for a home loan, with an age above 21 years, or less than 60 years to make sure the loan ends before their retirement
- Salary: The higher the monthly disposable income, the higher will be the loan amount a borrower is eligible for. Typically, a bank assumes that 50% of disposable monthly income/surplus income is available for repayment.
- Employers status: Banks and NBFC have a list of good companies, which determine the stability of the borrower’s job, and thereby determine their ability to repay the loan.
- Documents: a typical local application form will have a checklist of Home Loan documents to submit along with a photograph. In addition to all legal documents related to purchase of house below is what is needed:
- Residential and identity proof,
- Proof of employment with salary slips,
- Last six months’ bank statements,
- FORM-16 or income tax return,
- In many cases, the bank may even require collateral security like life insurance policies, pledges of share, national savings certificates, mutual fund units, bank deposits or any other form of investments
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Income Tax Benefits on Costs of Education under Section 80E
With the proliferation of new career opportunities, getting the right professional skills has become immensely important over the years.
Why Individual Health Insurance is a Must Buy Over Corporate Health Insurance?
It is a known fact that medical inflation is growing at twice the rate of regular inflation. While most salaried employees are entitled to health insurance provided by their employer, investing in individual health insurance, personalised to suit specific health conditions, has its merits.
What Is Trade Price In Stock Market & How Does It Work?
Also known as the market price, trade price of a commodity is the price at which it is currently selling in the market. In the context of trading, the price at which a share is being purchased or sold in the stock market at a given point of time is known as its trade price.
5 Types of Business Loan For Woman Entrepreneurs
There are now many different types of loans options in India for women wanting to explore their entrepreneurial dreams. Read this post to know 5 of the most popular options.