The banks will approve your loan application only if they are convinced that you will be able to repay the loan on time and you can do so. They also ensure that your home loan EMI does not exceed 50% of your monthly household income.
How to Calculate Home Loan Eligibility?There are several factors which determine your home loan eligibility. There are several home loan eligibility calculators online which can be used to find out if you are eligible for a home loan or not. The different factors leveraged to calculate an individual’s home loan eligibility are listed here:
1) Age LimitSome of the banks have a minimum and maximum age limit for every applicant. You have to be within the specified age limit to be eligible for a home loan.
2) Net Monthly IncomeThe net monthly income must be above the minimum limit, and the fixed obligations must not be over 50% of the income to be eligible for a home loan.
3) Loan TenureA maximum of 30 years is allowed for the loan tenure, whereas some banks restrict this period to a maximum of 25 years.
4) Company Employment HistoryA bank may specify certain conditions with regards to the employment history, the company should not be blacklisted by the bank, or the sector in which you are working may decide your eligibility for a home loan.
5) Co-ApplicantThe chances of being eligible for a home loan are much higher when you apply for a loan along with a co-applicant, which may be your direct relative including spouse, parents, siblings, children, etc.
6) CIBIL ScoreCIBIL score is one of the factors but the only criteria for a bank to provide you with a home loan. Individuals with a CIBIL score of above 700 have a higher chance of being eligible for a home loan.
7) Current EMIsMonthly EMIs of existing loans reduces the ability to pay new EMIs. It may be possible to pay off the existing loans and have a higher chance of being eligible for a home loan.
Banks and financial organizations take into consideration these significant factors before declaring you as an eligible candidate for a home loan. Home loan eligibility calculators too, use these factors to determine if you are eligible for a home loan or not.
Learn more about your home loan eligibility here.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.