Opening a savings account onlineTo open a savings account online, visit the official portal of the bank where you want to open an account. Navigate the tabs and click on the one which allows you to open a savings account online. Once you do so:
- You need to fill up the account opening form
- Once you fill the details in the form, you need to upload the relevant documents pertaining to your address and identity along with the photograph
- While uploading the documents, do keep a tab on their size and format. For instance, for photograph the format can be jpeg or png. On the other hand, address and identity proof can be in pdf
- After you submit the form, the bank verifies the details. You may need to visit the nearest branch of the bank to physically submit the documents pertaining to your identity and address. Note that in most cases, you receive a reference number which you need to quote while verifying the details of your form.
Opening a savings account offlineTo open a savings account offline:
- Visit the nearest branch of the bank where you want to open an account
- Fill up the account opening form
- Submit the required documents pertaining to your identity and address along with passport-size photograph
Things to rememberWhether you open an account online or offline, there are certain things which you need to keep in mind. Make sure you spell your name correctly and provide the right contact information (address and telephone number). Also, it’s prudent to opt for instant message alerts, so that you can get information in real-time on any transaction taking place in your account.
Today most banks allow customers to choose their own account numbers. Mostly private banks provide this facility. A savings account is a need which not only helps you save for day-to-day needs but also for future expenses. Open one today!
Learn more about Mutual Funds for a good personal financial management.
The information contained herein is generic in nature and is meant for educational purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as an investment or financial or taxation advice nor to be considered as an invitation or solicitation or advertisement for any financial product. Readers are advised to exercise discretion and should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision in relation to any financial product. Aditya Birla Capital Group is not liable for any decision arising out of the use of this information.
Disadvantages of Early Retirement - What Happens When You're Not Working?
Early retirement seems to be good, many people enjoy life without working especially with extra earnings. But they are not aware about the cons. Lets explore the disadvantages of retiring early to save your retirement life.
5 Benefits of Health Insurance that Makes it a Must Have Cover
Here are the 5 benefits of health insurance that makes it a must to cover
When Should You Withdraw Money from a Mutual Fund?
In case of a sudden change in fund strategy or an underperformance scheme for more than 3-4 years, it makes sense to withdraw money.
How To Apply For Personal Loan
Applying for a personal loan has become extremely easy these days. With the increase in applicants, banks and other financial institutions have made the process very simple.